Global Employment for Remote Teams
Remote work is one of the great equalizers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live. Omnipresent does just that.
They are a customer-focused global employment services partner that can help companies grow their teams in 155 countries and territories around the world. How do they do that? Well, through our SaaS platform, Omni Platform. We help companies (big or small) deal with the complexities involved with hiring global teams remotely, by managing employee onboarding through to offboarding, including legal and compliance, payroll, expenses, and health and benefits.
As for the role; Omnipresent is looking for a Billing & Collections Associate to join their company. Learn more about the role, requirements as well as benefits in the below description. Click on the Apply Now button to complete job application.
– Startup of London Team
With so many companies transitioning to remote work, we are growing quickly and need to build out the Accounts Receivable (AR) and Credit Control functions within Finance at Omnipresent.
Reporting directly to the FinOps Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day Accounts Receivable (AR) ledger and Credit Control functions from Sales Contract through to cash settlement. This is a 6 month fixed term contract with an immediate start.
You will be naturally self-motivated and driven to deliver at a high standard with experience in a similar high transactional volume environment. You must be able to manage your own workload to deliver to the time scales and internal Service Level Agreements (SLAs) demanded of this function. You must also be able to manage internal stakeholders along with customers. You will be an organised, hardworking, friendly and confident individual, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to fit into the company culture.
The key thing here is that we are a Series A rapidly growing startup where the Finance function is still taking shape. You will be responsible for the day-to-day processing and collections of the receivables function. The role will be involved with plenty of ad hoc work as required and it will provide the successful candidate with a challenge and the ability to provide recommendations to improve the existing processes in the areas of AR, Credit Control, and cash management. The position will be hands on, responsible for all processing, credit control management and operational reporting of the receivables function.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Take a proactive role in the entire order to cash process at Omnipresent.
• Accurate and timely processing of customer invoices and credit notes in line with local sales tax (VAT, GST, S&UT etc.) regulation, providing input into periodic returns.
• Completeness reconciliations as billing at Omnipresent progresses through various phases of automation and development.
• Reconcile and review customer accounts preparing statements as and when required.
• Manage daily cash receipts processing and bank statement data loads into the ERP system ensuring cash allocation of all items to the AR ledger.
• Answer all inbound queries associated with customer accounts and liaise with internal departments to ensure that issues are resolved quickly and accurately.
• Actively chase overdue debtors to ensure timely collection.
• Collaborate with internal parties to investigate and resolve client queries within a timely manner.
• Continuously build and develop customer relationships.
• Meet cash collection, Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) cashflow targets/ KPIs set by management.
• Prepare and post journals to the AR ledger as required.
• Provide support in the preparation of weekly and monthly management reporting to the Finance Director (FD) and CFO.
• Evaluate customers for credit requests as required and ensure adherence to trade credit insurance policy.
• Negotiate payment plans, as required, with the approval of the FinOps Manager and/or FD/CFO.
• Liaise with solicitors if legal proceedings are initiated.
You’ve done all of these things…
• At least 3-5 years billing and collections experience.
• IT literate with good working knowledge and experience of excel and NetSuite.
• Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts.
• Experience of online collaboration tools or portals.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, commercially focused environment and able to adapt to change quickly.
• A proactive, self-motivated individual with problem-solving skills and ability to work well both on an individual basis and a team situation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to build relationships.
• Proactive attitude to problem-solving. • Ability to maintain strong relationships with external clients and internal colleagues.
• Professional, confident, and diplomatic when liaising with others.
Please note that this is a 6 month fixed term contract and you must be able to start immediately.
“Previously Startups of London has featured Zoopla in our article The Complete List of Unicorn Startups in the UK 2022....Apply For This Job
“Previously Startups of London has featured OneTrust in our article The Complete List of Unicorn Startups in the UK 2022....Apply For This Job
“Previously Startups of London has featured Improbable in our article The Complete List of Unicorn Startups in the UK 2022. You...Apply For This Job
“Previously Startups of London has featured Deliveroo in our article The Complete List of Unicorn Startups in the UK 2022. You...Apply For This Job
“Previously Startups of London has featured BenevolentAI in our article The Complete List of Unicorn Startups in the UK 2022. You...Apply For This Job
Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.