On a mission to make learning accessible to all world
– Startup of London Team
You’ll be part of a fast-paced, dynamic team providing the highest level of sales support in procuring heads of Departments, PVCs and Directors in some of the world’s most prestigious universities as potential new clients. You’ll advance your career through a best-in-class sales development program that has grown some of Perlego’s all-stars. In this role, you will learn to apply strategic thinking, with the aim of building relationships that will engage executives worldwide in using Perlego’s services to solve their most pressing educational business challenges.
How we work together
There are currently 6 people in the Partnerships Team, all responsible for selling Perlego into different regions and markets across the world. We work closely with our Marketing, Content and Product teams to help align our efforts to bring in as much revenue as possible, so get ready to collaborate.
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Conducting lead generation, prospecting and qualifying potential new clients
- Researching companies, executives, education trends and competitive intelligence to create detailed, research-based strategic communication plans
- Proactively scheduling calls with prospective clients via phone and email (including cold calling, email outreach, social selling)
- Educate prospective clients on the value of Perlego’s USPs and services
- Partner with Business Development Managers to create customised plans for sales territories to support their monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Support in lead qualification and sales meeting support
- If you hit your monthly and quarterly targets, you will be given every opportunity to start owning an entire sales cycle on specific deals.
This is the perfect role for you if you have:
- Relevant work or internship experience in sales, account management, or customer service
- An unmatched ability to establish credibility with senior-level executives
- Excellent communication, writing, and problem-solving skills
- An ability to plan and prioritise daily tasks/responsibilities
- A demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- A willingness to collaborate with others to solve problems
- Experience using sales tracking or customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Prospecting,lead generation and relationship nurturing experience
- A target-oriented approach and a desire to win
- An openness to feedback and a continuous improvement mindset
- Grit. Can you persevere when things get tough?
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience working in high-growth start-ups
- A bachelor’s degree
- passion for sales
- if you don’t whine a lot, we need people who focus on the positives, life is too short. (Or ‘a positive attitude and resilient mindset’)
Why should you work at Perlego?
Apart from our mission, we foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. We’re proud of our 4.8 Glassdoor reviews and the fact that 97% of our team would recommend Perlego as a place to work.
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 + equity + Market leading uncapped commission plan £££
We offer flexibility in where you work – we are a London based company, but also hire remotely across the UK and Europe. Our London employees work from our Chancery Lane office 2 days a week
We are flexible if you wish to work remotely overseas for short-periods of time, as long as you remain a UK tax resident
We value continuous learning, you will get £500 per year to spend on training of your choice
Unlimited Coaching Opportunities
Unlimited access to MoreHappi, an on-demand professional coaching platform to offer all employees access to unbiased and professional coaching opportunities.
All employees have dedicated Learning Time every second Friday afternoon, to focus on new skills, projects or interests that lay outside of their day to day job
Everyone needs a break, so enjoy 30 days off (incl. bank holidays) + 1 additional day annual leave for every year of service
Flexi Bank Holidays
We understand that not everyone aligns to the same calendar; we offer the flexibility to take your local countries bank holiday allowance for other religious or cultural days.
e.g. switch UK Easter Bank Holidays Days for Eid celebrations
All employees an also enjoy the days between Boxing Day and New Year off, to reset and refresh for the new year – this is additional to your annual leave
After three years there is an opportunity to take a 1-month unpaid sabbatical, and after five years there is an opportunity to take a 1-month paid sabbatical
Life happens and we want you to be able to use your annual leave for resting, relaxing or taking time out to do something you love!
We offer 1 additional day a year for life events (your wedding, relocation, moving house, or a child starting school).
Health & Wellbeing
We want everyone to feel healthy and happy, so you get the choice of a wellbeing subsidy or private medical insurance via Vitality.
All employees also get access to a free counselling support service via Spill
Track your financial goals and receive financial advice all via Mintago
Cycle to Work Scheme
We’re committed to building a sustainable business, so we encourage cycling to work. Perlego will buy your bike of choice, which you’ll pay back over 12 months.
We’re a tight-knit bunch who enjoy our time to play. We have regular social events and activities for everyone – everything from white water rafting to board game nights.
We believe family is really important; we offer new parents a competitive matched parental leave as well as phased return to work from extended leave