“Previously Startups of London has featured OakNorth in our article The Complete List of Unicorn Startups in the UK 2022.
You can also click on the company name above or go to their company page from here and learn more about their culture, business and management.
As for the role; OakNorth is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who embraces DevOps principles: automation, collaboration, and ownership. Learn more about the role, requirements as well as benefits in the below description. Click on the Apply Now button to complete job application.”
– Startups of London Team
The term “You build it, you run it” will resonate strongly with you and you enjoy enabling engineering teams to self-serve. We use AWS and terraform among other tools, we have a strong focus on end-to-end automation as the primary tool for ensuring our code and infrastructure are robust.
Like everywhere we have some legacy components and we are rewriting these to follow cloud best practices. We want engineers who bring ideas and are happy to challenge the status quo. We are a growing business and we need people to help us scale.
There are a wide range of challenges to solve and a substantial learning curve for anyone who joins.
– This is a transformation role, we are on the journey towards DevOps best practices and the final result will be a fully automated CI/CD pipeline and infrastructure as code. We are not there yet, so you can have a real impact by helping to define our engineering practices, processes, and skills.
– We are a bank with appropriately high SLAs for resiliency and security, you will need to design solutions to be highly fault-tolerant and have the highest standard of security.
– We are growing, help us solve both technical and people scaling issues.
– You can contribute to application, infrastructure, security, and networking challenges.
– Help improve engineering effectiveness through tools, practices, and skill sharing.
– Are great at communicating complex technical ideas in a simple way
– Are low ego, encouraging and incorporating ideas from others
– Have experience with full end-to-end automation using tools such as Terraform and Ansible
– Have experience working with AWS cloud
– Enjoy delivering user value
– Enjoy collaborating with engineers, security, and product teams
– Have a good understanding of the *nix command line including tools such as Bash and Git
– Proven working experience with CI/CD pipelines
– Have experience using k8s, dockers
– Prefer using IaC over clicking a UI
– Enjoy working in agile teams with flat reporting structures
Previously Startups of London has featured Koru Kids in our podcast episode in 2021, where we had the opportunity to...Apply For This Job
Previously Startups of London has featured Encord in our podcast episode in 2023, that we had an insightful chat with...Apply For This Job
“Previously Startups of London has featured Zoopla in our article The Complete List of Unicorn Startups in the UK 2022....Apply For This Job
“Previously Startups of London has featured Starling Bank in our article The Complete List of Unicorn Startups in the UK...Apply For This Job
What it’s like to work together. We are embarking on a strong scaling strategy and pivotal to this success are...Apply For This Job
“Previously Startups of London has featured PPRO in our article The Complete List of Unicorn Startups in the UK 2022....Apply For This Job
Don't have an account? Register
Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Here you'll find all collections you've created before.