On a mission to make learning accessible to all world
Previously Startups of London has featured Perlego in our documentary series in 2019, where we had the opportunity to visit their office and interview their founder and CTO. Check out the full video documentary and a detailed article about their company. You can also click on the company name above or go to their company page from here and learn more about their culture, business and management.
As for the role; Perlego is looking for a an experienced, high-performing Senior Sales Executive UK/I individual with a strong track record of selling SaaS products into the Higher Education Market. We want someone who can balance exceeding individual targets, whilst being an excellent team player. Learn more about the role, requirements as well as benefits in the below description. Click on the Apply Now button to complete job application.
– Startup of London Team
You need to be willing to work closely with sales, marketing, content and product teams to identify and fulfil customer needs whilst maximising our revenue potential.
How we work together
There are currently 6 people in the Partnerships Team, filled with high performers, all responsible for selling Perlego into different regions and markets across the world. We work closely with our Marketing, Content and Product teams to help align our efforts to generate as much revenue as possible, so get ready to collaborate.
What you’ll do
- Develop a plan to target, engage and close new business at the most reputable institutions across the UK&I
- Run a full sales desk, including prospecting, qualifying, pricing, quoting, negotiating and closing deals
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through active networking and personal/strategic emails, phone calls and social messages (minimum of 50 outreaches per day)
- Build relationships with key business decision-makers, up to and including C-Level Executives
- Qualify and uncover prospective client needs, goals and pain points to determine whether our product is right for them and will help them achieve certain objectives.
- Partner with the Account Management team to ensure clients are set up for success on our platforms
- Offer a unique perspective that reframes their current thinking while ensuring this perspective aligns with what Perlego offers
- Apply both the Challenger Sales Methodology and the MEDDPICC framework to your approach
- Advise sophisticated buying groups and build consensus across multiple departments
- Increase Perlego’s sales volume orders and average contract value per sale
- Exceed revenue goals by closing new client accounts
- Collaborate with SDRs and Marketing to develop lead generation campaigns to prospect and build new business while ensuring consistent messaging to customers
- Work cross-functionally with team members from revenue support, product, marketing and account management.
- Lastly, enjoy the ride, share a few laughs, and help bring Perlego to its next funding stage.
It’s the perfect role for you if you have/are:
- Extensive experience in sales roles and a demonstrable history of winning new business ideally for SaaS products
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage solid, trusting relationships with key stakeholders all levels
- Responding to RFPs, managing consortium group, presenting to C-level clients and managing long sale cycles.
- Experience handling and guiding technical discussions as part of the sales process
- A strong screen presence and an unflappable attitude when giving product demos
- Always striving for excellence, finding creative and innovative ways to remain memorable in the sales process
- Enjoy challenging yourself every day to try something new, taking fun and creative but calculated risks in order to progress deals forward
- Commercially astute with demonstrable knowledge of the market and the opportunities which will make you successful
- A ‘can-do’ attitude; someone who uses their natural ability as well as logic, data, micro & macro trends, to identify opportunities and deliver results in both our new business and expansion initiatives.
- Intellectually Curious – seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candour with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development
- Collaborative – one team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
- Maintains client relationships by providing support, information, and guidance, researching and identifying new opportunities, and recommending profit and service improvements.
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
It’s a plus (but not non-negotiable) if you have/can:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, and possess 15+ years of sales experience in a consultative, B2B environment, with proven success (particularly within education)
- A consistent history of being able to disrupt customers’ current thinking and build consensus for complex enterprise solutions across a large and diverse group of stakeholders
- Consultative background within the Higher Education sector
- Demonstrate 3 years of overachievement of your new business quota.
- You should have an interest in leading a sales career in a high-performing company
- Thrive when selling to C-level executives and sophisticated buying groups
- Clearly understand the highs and lows that come with working at a startup
- An understanding of the “Challenger Sale” Methodology and the MEDDPICC Framework
Why should you work at Perlego?
Apart from our mission, we foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. We’re proud of our 4.8 Glassdoor reviews and the fact that 97% of our team would recommend Perlego as a place to work.
Want to learn more about how we’re making learning accessible? Check out our latest impact report
Salary: £65,000 – £73,000 + Equity + Market leading uncapped commission plan £££
We offer flexibility in where you work – we are a London based company, but also hire remotely across the UK and Europe. Our London employees work from our Chancery Lane office 2 days a week
We are flexible if you wish to work remotely overseas for short-periods of time, as long as you remain a UK tax resident
We value continuous learning, you will get £500 per year to spend on training of your choice
Unlimited Coaching Opportunities
Unlimited access to MoreHappi, an on-demand professional coaching platform to offer all employees access to unbiased and professional coaching opportunities.
All employees have dedicated Learning Time every second Friday afternoon, to focus on new skills, projects or interests that lay outside of their day-to-day job
Everyone needs a break, so enjoy 30 days off (incl. bank holidays) + 1 additional day annual leave for every year of service
Flexi Bank Holidays
We understand that not everyone aligns to the same calendar; we offer the flexibility to take your local countries bank holiday allowance for other religious or cultural days.
e.g. switch UK Easter Bank Holidays Days for Eid celebrations
All employees an also enjoy the days between Boxing Day and New Year off, to reset and refresh for the new year – this is additional to your annual leave
After three years there is an opportunity to take a 1-month unpaid sabbatical, and after five years there is an opportunity to take a 1-month paid sabbatical
Life happens and we want you to be able to use your annual leave for resting, relaxing or taking time out to do something you love!
We offer 1 additional day a year for life events (your wedding, relocation, moving house, or a child starting school).
Health & Wellbeing
We want everyone to feel healthy and happy, so you get the choice of a wellbeing subsidy or private medical insurance via Vitality.
All employees also get access to a free counselling support service via Spill
Track your financial goals and receive financial advice all via Mintago
Cycle to Work Scheme
We’re committed to building a sustainable business, so we encourage cycling to work. Perlego will buy your bike of choice, which you’ll pay back over 12 months.
We’re a tight-knit bunch who enjoy our time to play. We have regular social events and activities for everyone – everything from white water rafting to board game nights.
We believe family is really important; we offer new parents a competitive matched parental leave as well as phased return to work from extended leave