The Future of Online Shopping: Commerce Trends in 2024
The e-commerce market is expected to top out at over $1 trillion in 2024, which is great news for anyone thinking about starting an online business. It’s a good idea to be aware of the online shopping and commerce trends are, so that you know whether you’re ready to go ahead or not. Following are the most important online shopping trends to keep your eyes open for during 2024.
Commerce Trends To Be Aware Of
- Voice-activated searches – more buyers are using the speaker on their smartphone to conduct a search for a product or service. Consider natural speech patterns that make good use of SEO keywords and content.
- Personalization – buyers like to find customized experiences and catering to this helps build brand loyalty. Use promotions, coupons, discounts and online engagement to give them that experience.
- Chatbots – a high-quality chatbot simulates a customer service representative, but is available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. That means better customer engagement and more sales.
- Mobile online sales – online shopping appeals to buyers because they can buy from anywhere they are, at any time. For that reason, it’s important to make sure your online business can respond to a variety of platforms and devices.
- Ample payment options – making payment options that extend beyond debit and credit cards is always a good idea for getting people to buy. That includes apps, digital wallets and cryptocurrency.
- Headless websites for flexibility – this type of website keeps the customer side separate from the backend where processing occurs. The head of the site generally contains your product catalog, reviews and filter options. The backend deals with payments, checkout processing, order history and other such elements. Both ends
can communicate with the other via application programming interfaces. When you use a headless method, you have more freedom to choose the right vendor for your business, giving you more control over content and multiple brands, as well as for optimizing SEO capabilities.
- Engaging customers using VR, AR and video – buyers love videos, so including them on your site is a good way to produce higher sales revenue. Instead of simple images, create a video that shows your products from several angles. Or use a video to demonstrate how a product is created or used. You can also use videos to upsell accessories and add-ons. Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) can be used to let customers try on clothing virtually or see how a piece of furniture might mesh with the other decor in their home.
- Subscriptions – make it easy to hold on to customers by offering a subscription service. This works with many kinds of businesses and is a simple way to drive customer loyalty and increase your income stream.
- Use social media – the world is on social media these days, so use it to create new customers and increase sales. Promote your brand online, create a social media marketplace to sell your goods and services, as well as make it easy for customers to engage with you. A website like FameSwap can help you buy a social media account that already has followers to help you get started.
- Make use of artificial intelligence – AI can be used to collect data that can be analyzed. You can use that information to make the shopping experience more personalized for each of your customers.
- Offer loyalty programs – loyal customers tend to come back if they can make use of coupons, discounts and other special deals that are only available if they join the program. This boosts customer satisfaction and increases sales.
- Think about sustainability – many consumers are environmentally focused these days, so proving that you use lower carbon emission processes, recycle and use ethically sourced materials can help increase your sales.
Keeping up to date with current trends is an essential step to a succesful business. By following these commerce trends and integrating them into your business, your product will be accessible to a wider range of customers and will increase its revenue.