Covid-19 changed the way we work. Many people started to work from home and for some, it stayed that way. It is, for some people, comfortable and efficient. But for others, it is the best way that leads to procrastination.
If you’re a freelancer or run a small business, you understand how crucial it is to have a workplace that meets your needs. A workspace is never just a place where you do your work. Sometimes it is also like a second home where you relax for a bit or meet your clients. The finest shared office spaces provide their members with much more than simply office space; they also provide networking opportunities, events, and other activities that assist members in growing their companies. They provide a workspace with high-speed internet, several power outlets, and a variety of desk alternatives. Community activities, refreshments, and coffee are all popular additions to the most successful ones.
So, even if you decide to work from a coworking space you probably ask yourself: Where should I go? Which coworking space in Oxford? Are serviced offices any good? For this article, we researched some of the best coworking spaces in Oxford for you.
Top Coworking Spaces List
- Co-working Space Name: Innospace
- Location: 106-108 Cowley Road, Oxford
- Price: The fixed monthly price of £208+VAT, without a contract.
- Amenities & Activities: With the fixed price you pay, you get a lot of things from the essentials (desk, chair, power, heat, light) to wireless and wired broadband internet connection, separate meeting rooms, unlimited tea and coffee, a kitchen with fridge, microwave, toaster, and cycle parking. Also, the city council’s St Clement’s car park is a 5-minute walk from their offices.
- Neighbourhood: Cowley Road is famous for the annual Cowley Road Carnival. The road is pedestrianized, and live music meets food from across the world. The place also has a reputation for music and nightlife. Great for relaxing after work.
- Why This Coworking space: Innospace steps forward among Oxford coworking spaces with popularity and high ratings. What they offer is not hot desking. You don’t have to empty your desk at the end of the day, and you won’t find anyone else there when you return the next morning. Your workspace is your own personal area that you may arrange as you like. When everyone works that way it creates a stable office environment that feels like home.
Testimonials: (taken from Google Maps)
Such a fab place to work. We’ve just moved to a new location at The Old Music Hall on Cowley Road and the space is perfectly set up for me: bike parking a plenty, my own dedicated desk and comfortable chair, safe storage so I don’t have to cart everything home, five meeting rooms straight off the main room just for Innospace co-workers and other ones in the building we can book too, good tea and coffee, fast internet, super friendly co-workers, a great common room and garden available for lunch breaks AND G&D’s is just next door (ice cream heaven!). It’s fantastic value too! I’d wholeheartedly recommend.
Great space and a really nice mix of people who are friendly, interesting and fun. You can choose which room you work in according to where your work is on the noisy phone calls-to- library-like quiet scale, and the meeting room is a great asset. Plus it’s located right next to everything on Magdalene road.
The Wheelhouse, Angel Court
- Co-working Space Name: The Wheelhouse, Angel Court
- Location: 81 Saint Clement’s Street, Oxford
- Price: The price depends on what you need. Hot desking costs 109£ monthly. If you need a dedicated desk, it is 275£ monthly, but it drops to 250£ per month if you make a six-month deal.
- Amenities & Activities: There are many regular community activities to enjoy in addition to the great tea and coffee and superfast Wi-Fi. All are included in the price.
- Neighbourhood: St Clement’s Street served as the main route between Oxford and London for many years. The area is known for its various small stores and restaurants. The population of the neighbourhood is culturally and socially varied from shop owners to students.
- Why This Coworking space: This lovely place offers everything that a co-working space needs to offer. Plus, they are friendly and professional.
Testimonials: Cool friendly space with GREAT coffee.
Really like the people and the place. Loads of nice places to eat nearby and South Parks to blow the cobwebs away when needed. Great spot.
-Patrick Castella McDonald
Easily the nicest, most modern feeling co-working space in Oxford
Title is quite self-explanatory really. The space is quite wonderfully and elegantly designed, has the necessary breakout rooms when needed, and compliments all of this with a dose of great people. Having worked with tech startups in the London scene for a short while, it was hard to find a comparably inspiring space in Oxford. Well..not anymore.
The Wheelhouse, Loft
- Co-working Space Name: The Wheelhouse, Loft
- Location: Cowley Road, 3rd floor, Oxford
- Price: Hot desking costs and dedicated desks cost the same. 325£ for one month and 345£ for six months.
- Amenities & Activities: They offer large desks, ergonomic seats, bookable meeting offices, beautiful break-out spaces, a fully equipped kitchen, and a dining bar with free beer and Quooker taps.
- Neighbourhood: Previously mentioned the Cowley Road when writing about Innospace. I suggest you check that one out.
- Why This Coworking space: The place offers a panoramic view of Oxford, which can be inspiring when working. It is a prestigious location with high specifications.
- Co-working Space Name: Urbanoid
- Location: 1 Kings Meadow, Oxford
- Price: 350£ per month for a dedicated desk, 160£ per month for hot desking.
- Amenities & Activities: Alongside the standard Wi-Fi, access to both informal and private meeting spaces, kitchen amenities such as snacks, tea and coffee, the use of on-site car parking can be a tiebreaker for people with cars.
- Neighbourhood: Urbonoid is located in one of the most convenient areas in Oxford. The city centre and Oxford’s central train and bus stations are only a short walk distance away.
- Why This Coworking space: The workspace is great for the people who value their private spaces with the bigger than average desks and flexible arrangements. It also takes lots of natural light.
This blog post is written by Deniz Ege Altıncicek.