Top Insurtech Events to Attend in the UK in 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic turned the world upside down. To curtail the drastic effects of the pandemic, measures were put in place to restrict movement and businesses were also forced to shut down. The few ones that were permitted to open were given strict conditions that included allowing only a certain number of people into the business premises at the same time.
The pandemic led people to start thinking up and exploring innovative options to ensure they stay in business or survive the pandemic period. The restrictions in movements encouraged the adoption of apps for virtual meetings and work-from-home conditions. The truth still remains that no matter how much people try to adjust to these changes, the restrictions in movement have done a lot of damage including restricting the flow of information and exchange of knowledge and also the economy side.
Asides the pandemic, there are other global challenges that require experts from different countries to come together and collaborate to generate lasting solutions to them.
“Last year, UK insurtech companies received total investments amounting to $361 million (£262 million), a rise of more than 60% from 2019”, according to the latest data from London-based growth platform Tech Nation.
As this is a rapidly growing and young sector, the insurtech events hold a critical point to keep up with the freshness of the sector and even to get insurtech investment for your startup!
To stay up to date in the industry, below are top insurtech events to attend in the UK in 2022.
Insurtech Insights Europe
- This event is scheduled to be held on Intercontinental London-the 02 from 15th to 16th March, 2022.
- The event gathers top insurtech companies and C-level executives from reinsurers, insurance carriers etc.
- Topics to be discussed include post COVID-19 urban mobility, engaging with insurrection, Africa’s insurtech evolution and others.
- Attendees are expected to buy any of these passes: insurer pass, startup pass, investor pass, and solutions provider pass.
ABI Annual Conference
- The conference is scheduled to be held on the 22nd of February, 2022 in 155 Bishopsgate, 155 Bishopsgate, London.
- This is an insurance event that brings industry leaders, politicians and regulators together.
- Discussions will be held on issues affecting the insurance companies and long term savings industries.
- This conference is scheduled to hold from 25th to 28th January, 2022.
- The event is hosted by Boussais and it uncovers the technological initiatives and approaches that affect customer first insurance.
- This conference is a virtual conference and can be accessed after registration.
- The focus points for the conference include climate and environmental change, insurer’s new profile etc.
Why Insurance Matters 2022
- This is an event organized by the Association of British Insurers.
- It is scheduled to be held on the 20th of January, 2022 from 15:00 to 16:30 at the Association of British Insurers head office in London.
- The event is targeted at people who are new in the insurance industry.