Top 10 Job Opportunities in Fintech industry in 2023
The past decade has experienced tremendous growth in technology-related financial services in terms of replacing traditional finance services using imploring modern technology and innovations. This includes online stock trading, cryptocurrencies, online banking, and many more in the category of services. The fintech industry is technology being used in financial services to help companies manage various financial aspects of their business such as software, applications, business models, and methods.
The future of fintech is globally developing and becoming more popular with its career demands of people needing jobs to be part of its development.
The top 10 job opportunities in Fintech industry are;
A financial analyst is also called a security analyst. This is a professional responsible for a wide range of business activities like gathering data, organising information, making financial business forecasts, and reporting presentations and decisions. To assist in business decision-making, they examine and model financial data from the past and present.
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting
- 0-3 years of business finance or other relevant experience
- Strong fluency with excel formulas and functions
- High proficiency in financial modelling techniques
- Good business acumen
The fintech sector is heavily dependent on the internet and mobile communication. One cyber attack may bring reputational harm and damage to the company and its clients. Cybersecurity analysts are like police inspectors who use internet security to monitor, investigate past incidents, and also find means to prevent any attack in the future by removing all vulnerabilities and implementing protection on tools and systems used in operations.
- Analytical skills
- Digital communication technologies
- Governance, risk management, and compliance
- Security operations management
- Data administration
- Investigating security breaches
- Performing ethical hacking
- Working with a team to detect vulnerabilities.
Business development manager
The fintech industry is fast growing in a twinkle of an eye and this pace is both alarming and exciting at a time. The growth of the business needs to be closely monitored, guided, and controlled in the right direction and that’s where a business development manager comes in. they make sure plans are kept in place and also if new prospects are discovered.
The role of this development manager thus includes;
- Working strategically by carrying out necessary plans to implement operational changes
- Foster and develop relationships with clients
- Generate leads and cold call prospective clients
- Seek ways to improve the operations of the business.
- Degree in accounting, marketing, finance, international relations, or any relevant curse
- IT skills including how to use a spreadsheet
- Project management and organisational skills
- Decision-making skills
- Strategic thinking
Online Marketing Specialist
Marketing is one of the overall vital parts of growing a business. Every fintech company needs to advertise itself online just like every other business.
The role of an online marketing specialist includes;
- Managing and coordinating all digital activities
- Work closely with the sales team
- Implementing paid search, PPC, and SEO strategist campaigns
- Planning and executing digital marketing budgets
- Developing strategies to drive online traffic to the company website/social media platforms.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive attitude
- Excellent project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, media, communication
- Google AdWords and Analytic certifications are a plus
Compliance Experts are responsible for developing, implementing, and enforcing policies. Compliance experts are well-versed in legal and regulatory matters as well as ethical issues related to the company’s activities.
The role of a compliance expert includes;
- Preparing and filing compliance reports
- Maintaining records of compliance activities
- Tracking and responding to complaints
- Communicating with government agencies
- Identifying, investigating, and reporting compliance issues, violations, and irregularities.
- Paying close attention to details
- Documenting and reporting skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field
- Certified risk and compliance management professional (CRCMP) preferred
Product managers at fintech do have a great impact on the industry. Product managers are expected to create different product ideas based on user needs and research. A product manager must look beyond just creating unique products and be highly innovative. A few skills to become a great fintech product manager includes;
- Having a definite knowledge of the fintech domain
- Every fintech product manager should have a zero result of the products must be secure, efficient, and high in property accuracy
- The capability of going beyond the problem statement and solution
- Product management experience ideally in B2B within the fintech industry
- Prior knowledge of UI/UX design
- Prior experience using Agile methodologies such as scrum
- Proven project management & communication skills
A blockchain developer is a software developer who focuses on blockchain technology by creating Dapps and decentralised applications. They are responsible for the backend and front ends as well. Blockchain developers tend to influence how financial institutions operate by preventing the hacking of digital transactions. They are proficient with multithreaded coding in C++, Java, Cryptography, and all other data security tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security, or anything related
- At least 2 years experience as a blockchain developer
- Advanced proficiency in programming languages such as C++, Java, and python
- Excellent communication skill
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deep knowledge of backend development, algorithms, and data structures.
Apart from basic programming languages, app developers also use AI, Machine learning, and deep learning to develop applications, especially fintech mobile apps. App developers in fintech utilised the best practices to use modern technology to provide new and creative solutions to meet the end user and stakeholder demands.
- Good mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Intelligent knowledge of software design and programming principles
- Good knowledge of programming languages such as Java and ORACLE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any related field.
Risk Control Manager
Risk control Managers help to manage the ever-increasing burden of risk on fintech companies. The burden within the fintech industry increases as the demand for a risk control manager. The primary responsibility of these control managers is to analyse the risks in the business and map out strategic plans to prevent further risks in the business.
- Strong attention to details
- Proficiency in risk management, financial analysis, and any related software
- Degree in finance, business administration, economics, or any related field
- Experience in risk management or any related role
There are so many fintech companies in need of data scientists to make use of large data quantity and deep machine learning. Data scientists are important to implement financial models and algorithms for huge data involved in the business. These professionals are very excellent in query languages, NoSQL databases, data science tool kits statistics, and data visualisation tools.
- BSC in computer science, engineering, or any quantitative field is required
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Knowledge of R, SQL, and python with familiarity with C++, Java, Scala
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine learning and operations research
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience of being a data scientist
- Strong Mathematical skills